We believe in living out the following:
- Listening for God’s Word, which comes through regular prayer and meditation, studying the ancient testimonies which we call Scripture, and attending to God’s present activity in the world.
- Celebrating the God whose Spirit pervades and whose glory is reflected in all of God’s Creation, including the earth and its ecosystems, the sacred and secular, the Christian and non-Christian.
- Expressing our love in worship that is as sincere, vibrant, and artful as it is scriptural.
- Walking fully in the Path of Jesus without denying the legitimacy of other paths that God may provide for humanity.
- Engaging people authentically, as Jesus did, treating all as creations made in God’s very image, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental ability, nationality, or socio-economic background.
- Standing, as Jesus does, with the outcast and oppressed, the denigrated and afflicted, seeking peace and justice with or without the support of others.
- Walking humbly with God, acknowledging our own shortcomings while honestly seeking to understand and call forth the best in others, including those who consider us their enemies.